• Quarrel Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who quarrels or wrangles; one who is quarrelsome.
- (n.) A small opening in window tracery, of which the cusps, etc., make the form nearly square.
- (v. t.) To compel by a quarrel; as, to quarrel a man out of his estate or rights.
- (n.) A square or lozenge-shaped paving tile.
- (n.) Ground of objection, dislike, difference, or hostility; cause of dispute or contest; occasion of altercation.
- (n.) A breach of concord, amity, or obligation; a falling out; a difference; a disagreement; an antagonism in opinion, feeling, or conduct; esp., an angry dispute, contest, or strife; a brawl; an altercation; as, he had a quarrel with his father about expenses.
- (n.) A square of glass, esp. when set diagonally.
- (v. i.) To dispute angrily, or violently; to wrangle; to scold; to altercate; to contend; to fight.
- (n.) Earnest desire or longing.
- (n.) A glaziers diamond.
- (n.) Any small square or quadrangular member
- (n.) A four-sided cutting tool or chisel having a diamond-shaped end.
- (v. i.) To find fault; to cavil; as, to quarrel with ones lot.
- (v. t.) To quarrel with.
- (n.) An arrow for a crossbow; -- so named because it commonly had a square head.
- (v. i.) To violate concord or agreement; to have a difference; to fall out; to be or become antagonistic.
• Quarrelet Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A little quarrel. See 1st Quarrel, 2.