• Quench Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To become extinguished; to go out; to become calm or cool.
- (v. t.) To cool suddenly, as heated steel, in tempering.
- (v. t.) To extinguish; to overwhelm; to make an end of; -- said of flame and fire, of things burning, and figuratively of sensations and emotions; as, to quench flame; to quench a candle; to quench thirst, love, hate, etc.
• Quenchless Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Incapable of being quenched; inextinguishable; as, quenchless fire or fury.