• Rally Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To use pleasantry, or satirical merriment.
- (v. i.) To recover strength after a decline in prices; -- said of the market, stocks, etc.
- (n.) Good-humored raillery.
- (v. i.) To come into orderly arrangement; to renew order, or united effort, as troops scattered or put to flight; to assemble; to unite.
- (v. i.) To collect ones vital powers or forces; to regain health or consciousness; to recuperate.
- (n.) A political mass meeting.
- (v. t.) To collect, and reduce to order, as troops dispersed or thrown into confusion; to gather again; to reunite.
- (v. t.) To attack with raillery, either in good humor and pleasantry, or with slight contempt or satire.
- (n.) The act or process of rallying (in any of the senses of that word).
• Rallying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Rally