• Rap Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) To hasten.
- (v. t.) To strike with a quick blow; to knock on.
- (v. t.) To free (a pattern) in a mold by light blows on the pattern, so as to facilitate its removal.
- (n.) A quick, smart blow; a knock.
- (v. i.) To strike with a quick, sharp blow; to knock; as, to rap on the door.
- (v.) To seize and bear away, as the mind or thoughts; to transport out of ones self; to affect with ecstasy or rapture; as, rapt into admiration.
- (n.) A lay or skein containing 120 yards of yarn.
- (v.) To snatch away; to seize and hurry off.
- (v.) To exchange; to truck.
- (n.) A popular name for any of the tokens that passed current for a half-penny in Ireland in the early part of the eighteenth century; any coin of trifling value.
• Rapper Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who, or that which, raps or knocks; specifically, the knocker of a door.
- (n.) A forcible oath or lie.
• Raptores Definition & Synonyms
- (n. pl.) Same as Accipitres. Called also Raptatores.