• Reflect Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To throw or turn back the thoughts upon anything; to contemplate. Specifically: To attend earnestly to what passes within the mind; to attend to the facts or phenomena of consciousness; to use attention or earnest thought; to meditate; especially, to think in relation to moral truth or rules.
- (v. i.) To throw back light, heat, or the like; to return rays or beams.
- (v. i.) To be sent back; to rebound as from a surface; to revert; to return.
- (v.) To give back an image or likeness of; to mirror.
- (v.) To bend back; to give a backwa/d turn to; to throw back; especially, to cause to return after striking upon any surface; as, a mirror reflects rays of light; polished metals reflect heat.
- (v. i.) To cast reproach; to cause censure or dishonor.
• Reflecting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Reflect
- (a.) Given to reflection or serious consideration; reflective; contemplative; as, a reflecting mind.
- (a.) Throwing back light, heat, etc., as a mirror or other surface.
• Reflective Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Reflexive; reciprocal.
- (a.) Throwing back images; as, a reflective mirror.
- (a.) Capable of exercising thought or judgment; as, reflective reason.
- (a.) Addicted to introspective or meditative habits; as, a reflective person.