• Repeating Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Doing the same thing over again; accomplishing a given result many times in succession; as, a repeating firearm; a repeating watch.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Repeat
• Repeat Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A mark, or series of dots, placed before and after, or often only at the end of, a passage to be repeated in performance.
- (v. t.) To make trial of again; to undergo or encounter again.
- (n.) That which is repeated; as, the repeat of a pattern; that is, the repetition of the engraved figure on a roller by which an impression is produced (as in calico printing, etc.).
- (n.) The act of repeating; repetition.
- (v. t.) To go over again; to attempt, do, make, or utter again; to iterate; to recite; as, to repeat an effort, an order, or a poem.
- (v. t.) To repay or refund (an excess received).