• Rheum Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A genus of plants. See Rhubarb.
- (n.) A serous or mucous discharge, especially one from the eves or nose.
• Rheumatic Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One affected with rheumatism.
- (a.) Derived from, or having the character of, rheum; rheumic.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to rheumatism; as, rheumatic pains or affections; affected with rheumatism; as, a rheumatic old man; causing rheumatism; as, a rheumatic day.
• Rheumatism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A general disease characterized by painful, often multiple, local inflammations, usually affecting the joints and muscles, but also extending sometimes to the deeper organs, as the heart.