• Salam Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A salutation or compliment of ceremony in the east by word or act; an obeisance, performed by bowing very low and placing the right palm on the forehead.
• Salamander Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any one of numerous species of Urodela, belonging to Salamandra, Amblystoma, Plethodon, and various allied genera, especially those that are more or less terrestrial in their habits.
- (n.) The pouched gopher (Geomys tuza) of the Southern United States.
- (n.) A large poker.
- (n.) Solidified material in a furnace hearth.
- (n.) A culinary utensil of metal with a plate or disk which is heated, and held over pastry, etc., to brown it.
• Salamandrine Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of, pertaining to, or resembling, a salamander; enduring fire.