• Sanded Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Marked with small spots; variegated with spots; speckled; of a sandy color, as a hound.
- (a.) Covered or sprinkled with sand; sandy; barren.
- (a.) Short-sighted.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sand
• Sand Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To bury (oysters) beneath drifting sand or mud.
- (n.) Courage; pluck; grit.
- (v. t.) To sprinkle or cover with sand.
- (v. t.) To mix with sand for purposes of fraud; as, to sand sugar.
- (n.) Fine particles of stone, esp. of siliceous stone, but not reduced to dust; comminuted stone in the form of loose grains, which are not coherent when wet.
- (n.) Tracts of land consisting of sand, like the deserts of Arabia and Africa; also, extensive tracts of sand exposed by the ebb of the tide.
- (v. t.) To drive upon the sand.
- (n.) A single particle of such stone.
- (n.) The sand in the hourglass; hence, a moment or interval of time; the term or extent of ones life.