• Scapular Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of a special group of feathers which arise from each of the scapular regions and lie along the sides of the back.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the scapula or the shoulder.
- (n.) Alt. of Scapulary
• Scapulary Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A loose sleeveless vestment falling in front and behind, worn by certain religious orders and devout persons.
- (n.) Same as 2d and 3d Scapular.
- (a.) Same as Scapular, a.
- (n.) A bandage passing over the shoulder to support it, or to retain another bandage in place.
- (n.) The name given to two pieces of cloth worn under the ordinary garb and over the shoulders as an act of devotion.