• Scavenge Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To remove (burned gases) from the cylinder after a working stroke.
- (v. i.) To remove the burned gases from the cylinder after a working stroke; as, this engine does not scavenge well.
- (v. t.) To cleanse, as streets, from filth.
• Scavenger Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) A person whose employment is to clean the streets of a city, by scraping or sweeping, and carrying off the filth. The name is also applied to any animal which devours refuse, carrion, or anything injurious to health.