• Scorch Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To ride or drive at great, usually at excessive, speed; -- applied chiefly to automobilists and bicyclists. [Colloq.]
- (v. t.) To burn superficially; to parch, or shrivel, the surface of, by heat; to subject to so much heat as changes color and texture without consuming; as, to scorch linen.
- (v. t.) To burn; to destroy by, or as by, fire.
- (v. i.) To burn or be burnt.
- (v. i.) To be burnt on the surface; to be parched; to be dried up.
- (v. t.) To affect painfully with heat, or as with heat; to dry up with heat; to affect as by heat.
• Scorched Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Scorch
• scorcher Definition & Synonyms
- () a very hot day.