• Shivering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Shiver
• Shiver Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A small wedge, as for fastening the bolt of a window shutter.
- (n.) A sheave or small wheel in a pulley.
- (v. i.) To tremble; to vibrate; to quiver; to shake, as from cold or fear.
- (n.) The act of shivering or trembling.
- (n.) One of the small pieces, or splinters, into which a brittle thing is broken by sudden violence; -- generally used in the plural.
- (v. t.) To break into many small pieces, or splinters; to shatter; to dash to pieces by a blow; as, to shiver a glass goblet.
- (n.) A spindle.
- (v. t.) To cause to shake or tremble, as a sail, by steering close to the wind.
- (n.) A variety of blue slate.
- (v. i.) To separate suddenly into many small pieces or parts; to be shattered.
- (n.) A thin slice; a shive.
• Shiveringly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a shivering manner.