• Showing Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Presentation of facts; statement.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Show
- (n.) Appearance; display; exhibition.
• Show Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make apparent or clear, as by evidence, testimony, or reasoning; to prove; to explain; also, to manifest; to evince; as, to show the truth of a statement; to show the causes of an event.
- (v. i.) To exhibit or manifest ones self or itself; to appear; to look; to be in appearance; to seem.
- (n.) A pale blue flame, at the top of a candle flame, indicating the presence of fire damp.
- (n.) A discharge, from the vagina, of mucus streaked with blood, occuring a short time before labor.
- (v. t.) Specifically, to make known the way to (a person); hence, to direct; to guide; to asher; to conduct; as, to show a person into a parlor; to show one to the door.
- (v. t.) To exhibit or present to view; to place in sight; to display; -- the thing exhibited being the object, and often with an indirect object denoting the person or thing seeing or beholding; as, to show a house; show your colors; shopkeepers show customers goods (show goods to customers).
- (n.) The act of showing, or bringing to view; exposure to sight; exhibition.
- (n.) That which os shown, or brought to view; that which is arranged to be seen; a spectacle; an exhibition; as, a traveling show; a cattle show.
- (v. i.) To have a certain appearance, as well or ill, fit or unfit; to become or suit; to appear.
- (n.) False semblance; deceitful appearance; pretense.
- (v. t.) To bestow; to confer; to afford; as, to show favor.
- (n.) Semblance; likeness; appearance.
- (v. t.) To exhibit to the mental view; to tell; to disclose; to reveal; to make known; as, to show ones designs.
- (n.) Proud or ostentatious display; parade; pomp.