• Shrink Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act shrinking; shrinkage; contraction; also, recoil; withdrawal.
- (v. t.) To draw back; to withdraw.
- (v. i.) To withdraw or retire, as from danger; to decline action from fear; to recoil, as in fear, horror, or distress.
- (v. i.) To wrinkle, bend, or curl; to shrivel; hence, to contract into a less extent or compass; to gather together; to become compacted.
- (v. i.) To express fear, horror, or pain by contracting the body, or part of it; to shudder; to quake.
- (v. t.) To cause to contract or shrink; as, to shrink finnel by imersing it in boiling water.
• Shrinkingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a shrinking manner.
• Shrinkage Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Decrease in value; depreciation.
- (n.) The act of shrinking; a contraction into less bulk or measurement.
- (n.) The amount of such contraction; the bulk or dimension lost by shrinking, as of grain, castings, etc.