• Shuttle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An instrument used in weaving for passing or shooting the thread of the woof from one side of the cloth to the other between the threads of the warp.
- (v. i.) To move backwards and forwards, like a shuttle.
- (n.) The sliding thread holder in a sewing machine, which carries the lower thread through a loop of the upper thread, to make a lock stitch.
- (n.) A shutter, as for a channel for molten metal.
• Shuttlecock Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To send or toss to and fro; to bandy; as, to shuttlecock words.
- (n.) A cork stuck with feathers, which is to be struck by a battledoor in play; also, the play itself.