• Skilled Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having familiar knowledge united with readiness and dexterity in its application; familiarly acquainted with; expert; skillful; -- often followed by in; as, a person skilled in drawing or geometry.
• Skill Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The familiar knowledge of any art or science, united with readiness and dexterity in execution or performance, or in the application of the art or science to practical purposes; power to discern and execute; ability to perceive and perform; expertness; aptitude; as, the skill of a mathematician, physician, surgeon, mechanic, etc.
- (n.) Display of art; exercise of ability; contrivance; address.
- (n.) Knowledge; understanding.
- (v. t.) To know; to understand.
- (v. i.) To make a difference; to signify; to matter; -- used impersonally.
- (n.) Any particular art.
- (n.) Discrimination; judgment; propriety; reason; cause.
- (v. i.) To be knowing; to have understanding; to be dexterous in performance.