• Sniff Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of sniffing; perception by sniffing; that which is taken by sniffing; as, a sniff of air.
- (v. t.) To draw air audibly up the nose; to snuff; -- sometimes done as a gesture of suspicion, offense, or contempt.
- (v. t.) To draw in with the breath through the nose; as, to sniff the air of the country.
- (v. t.) To perceive as by sniffing; to snuff, to scent; to smell; as, to sniff danger.
• Sniffing Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A rapid inspiratory act, in which the mouth is kept shut and the air drawn in through the nose.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Sniff
• Sniffle Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To snuffle, as one does with a catarrh.