• Space Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A small piece of metal cast lower than a face type, so as not to receive the ink in printing, -- used to separate words or letters.
- (n.) Place, having more or less extension; room.
- (n.) Quantity of time; an interval between two points of time; duration; time.
- (n.) Walk; track; path; course.
- (n.) To walk; to rove; to roam.
- (n.) A quantity or portion of extension; distance from one thing to another; an interval between any two or more objects; as, the space between two stars or two hills; the sound was heard for the space of a mile.
- (n.) To arrange or adjust the spaces in or between; as, to space words, lines, or letters.
- (n.) The distance or interval between words or letters in the lines, or between lines, as in books.
- (n.) Extension, considered independently of anything which it may contain; that which makes extended objects conceivable and possible.
- (n.) One of the intervals, or open places, between the lines of the staff.
- (n.) A short time; a while.
• Space bar Definition & Synonyms
- () Alt. of key