• Spray Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A side channel or branch of the runner of a flask, made to distribute the metal in all parts of the mold.
- (v. t.) To let fall in the form of spray.
- (v. t.) To throw spray upon; to treat with a liquid in the form of spray; as, to spray a wound, or a surgical instrument, with carbolic acid.
- (v. t.) A jet of fine medicated vapor, used either as an application to a diseased part or to charge the air of a room with a disinfectant or a deodorizer.
- (n.) A small shoot or branch; a twig.
- (n.) A collective body of small branches; as, the tree has a beautiful spray.
- (v. t.) An instrument for applying such a spray; an atomizer.
- (v. t.) Water flying in small drops or particles, as by the force of wind, or the dashing of waves, or from a waterfall, and the like.
- (n.) A group of castings made in the same mold and connected by sprues formed in the runner and its branches.
• Sprayer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One that sprays; any instrument for vaporizing and spraying liquids.