• Spy Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who keeps a constant watch of the conduct of others.
- (v. t.) To gain sight of; to discover at a distance, or in a state of concealment; to espy; to see.
- (v. t.) To discover by close search or examination.
- (v. i.) To search narrowly; to scrutinize.
- (n.) A person sent secretly into an enemys camp, territory, or fortifications, to inspect his works, ascertain his strength, movements, or designs, and to communicate such intelligence to the proper officer.
- (v. t.) To explore; to view; inspect; and examine secretly, as a country; -- usually with out.
• Spyism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Act or business of spying.