• Squinted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Squint
• Squint Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To have an indirect bearing, reference, or implication; to have an allusion to, or inclination towards, something.
- (v. t.) To cause to look with noncoincident optic axes.
- (v. i.) To deviate from a true line; to run obliquely.
- (v. i.) To have the axes of the eyes not coincident; -- to be cross-eyed.
- (n.) The act or habit of squinting.
- (a.) Looking obliquely. Specifically (Med.), not having the optic axes coincident; -- said of the eyes. See Squint, n., 2.
- (v. t.) To turn to an oblique position; to direct obliquely; as, to squint an eye.
- (n.) A want of coincidence of the axes of the eyes; strabismus.
- (n.) Fig.: Looking askance.
- (v. i.) To see or look obliquely, asquint, or awry, or with a furtive glance.
- (n.) Same as Hagioscope.