• Star Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Specifically, a radiated mark in writing or printing; an asterisk [thus, *]; -- used as a reference to a note, or to fill a blank where something is omitted, etc.
- (n.) A person of brilliant and attractive qualities, especially on public occasions, as a distinguished orator, a leading theatrical performer, etc.
- (n.) One of the innumerable luminous bodies seen in the heavens; any heavenly body other than the sun, moon, comets, and nebulae.
- (n.) That which resembles the figure of a star, as an ornament worn on the breast to indicate rank or honor.
- (n.) The polestar; the north star.
- (n.) A planet supposed to influence ones destiny; (usually pl.) a configuration of the planets, supposed to influence fortune.
- (n.) A composition of combustible matter used in the heading of rockets, in mines, etc., which, exploding in the air, presents a starlike appearance.
- (v. t.) To set or adorn with stars, or bright, radiating bodies; to bespangle; as, a robe starred with gems.
- (v. i.) To be bright, or attract attention, as a star; to shine like a star; to be brilliant or prominent; to play a part as a theatrical star.
• Starcher Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who starches.
• Starchness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Of or pertaining to starched or starch; stiffness of manner; preciseness.