• Stippling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Stipple
- (n.) A mode of execution which produces the effect by dots or small points instead of lines.
- (n.) A mode of execution in which a flat or even tint is produced by many small touches.
• Stipple Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Alt. of Stippling
- (v. t.) To paint, as in water colors, by small, short touches which together produce an even or softly graded surface.
- (v. t.) To engrave by means of dots, in distinction from engraving in lines.