• Straw Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A stalk or stem of certain species of grain, pulse, etc., especially of wheat, rye, oats, barley, more rarely of buckwheat, beans, and pease.
- (v. t.) To spread or scatter. See Strew, and Strow.
- (n.) The gathered and thrashed stalks of certain species of grain, etc.; as, a bundle, or a load, of rye straw.
- (n.) Anything proverbially worthless; the least possible thing; a mere trifle.
• Strawed Definition & Synonyms
- () imp. & p. p. of Straw.
• Strawberry Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A fragrant edible berry, of a delicious taste and commonly of a red color, the fruit of a plant of the genus Fragaria, of which there are many varieties. Also, the plant bearing the fruit. The common American strawberry is Fragaria virginiana; the European, F. vesca. There are also other less common species.