• Strayed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Stray
• Stray Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of wandering or going astray.
- (a.) Figuratively, to wander from the path of duty or rectitude; to err.
- (v. i.) Having gone astray; strayed; wandering; as, a strayhorse or sheep.
- (a.) To wander, as from a direct course; to deviate, or go out of the way.
- (v. t.) To cause to stray.
- (n.) Any domestic animal that has an inclosure, or its proper place and company, and wanders at large, or is lost; an estray. Used also figuratively.
- (a.) To wander from company, or from the proper limits; to rove at large; to roam; to go astray.