• Stripe Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A pattern produced by arranging the warp threads in sets of alternating colors, or in sets presenting some other contrast of appearance.
- (n.) A strip, or long, narrow piece attached to something of a different color; as, a red or blue stripe sewed upon a garment.
- (n.) A long, narrow discoloration of the skin made by the blow of a lash, rod, or the like.
- (v. t.) To make stripes upon; to form with lines of different colors or textures; to variegate with stripes.
- (n.) A line, or long, narrow division of anything of a different color or structure from the ground; hence, any linear variation of color or structure; as, a stripe, or streak, of red on a green ground; a raised stripe.
- (n.) Color indicating a party or faction; hence, distinguishing characteristic; sign; likeness; sort; as, persons of the same political stripe.
- (v. t.) To strike; to lash.
- (n.) The chevron on the coat of a noncommissioned officer.
- (n.) A stroke or blow made with a whip, rod, scourge, or the like, such as usually leaves a mark.
• Striped Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having stripes of different colors; streaked.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Stripe