• Sued Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sue
• Sue Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To woo; to pay addresses as a lover.
- (v. t.) To follow up; to chase; to seek after; to endeavor to win; to woo.
- (v. t.) To seek justice or right from, by legal process; to institute process in law against; to bring an action against; to prosecute judicially.
- (v. t.) To clean, as the beak; -- said of a hawk.
- (v. i.) To be left high and dry on the shore, as a ship.
- (v. i.) To seek by request; to make application; to petition; to entreat; to plead.
- (v. t.) To proceed with, as an action, and follow it up to its proper termination; to gain by legal process.
- (v. t.) To leave high and dry on shore; as, to sue a ship.
- (v. i.) To prosecute; to make legal claim; to seek (for something) in law; as, to sue for damages.
• Suede Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Swedish glove leather, -- usually made from lambskins tanned with willow bark. Also used adjectively; as, suede gloves.