• Suffered Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Suffer
• Suffer Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To be injured; to sustain loss or damage.
- (v. i.) To feel or undergo pain of body or mind; to bear what is inconvenient; as, we suffer from pain, sickness, or sorrow; we suffer with anxiety.
- (v. t.) To feel, or endure, with pain, annoyance, etc.; to submit to with distress or grief; to undergo; as, to suffer pain of body, or grief of mind.
- (v. t.) To allow; to permit; not to forbid or hinder; to tolerate.
- (v. t.) To undergo; to be affected by; to sustain; to experience; as, most substances suffer a change when long exposed to air and moisture; to suffer loss or damage.
- (v. i.) To undergo punishment; specifically, to undergo the penalty of death.
- (v. t.) To endure or undergo without sinking; to support; to sustain; to bear up under.