• Supple Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make soft and pliant; to render flexible; as, to supple leather.
- (a.) Pliant; flexible; easily bent; as, supple joints; supple fingers.
- (v. i.) To become soft and pliant.
- (v. t.) To make compliant, submissive, or obedient.
- (a.) Yielding compliant; not obstinate; submissive to guidance; as, a supple horse.
- (a.) Bending to the humor of others; flattering; fawning; obsequious.
• Supple-chapped Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having a limber tongue.