• Swab Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To clean with a mop or swab; to wipe when very wet, as after washing; as, to swab the desk of a ship.
- (n.) A bit of sponge, cloth, or the like, fastened to a handle, for cleansing the mouth of a sick person, applying medicaments to deep-seated parts, etc.
- (n.) A sponge, or other suitable substance, attached to a long rod or handle, for cleaning the bore of a firearm.
- (n.) An epaulet.
- (n.) A cod, or pod, as of beans or pease.
- (n.) A kind of mop for cleaning floors, the desks of vessels, etc., esp. one made of rope-yarns or threads.
• Swabbing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Swab
• Swabbed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Swab