• Swimming Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of one who swims.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Swim
- (a.) That swims; capable of swimming; adapted to, or used in, swimming; as, a swimming bird; a swimming motion.
- (n.) Vertigo; dizziness; as, a swimming in the head.
- (a.) Being in a state of vertigo or dizziness; as, a swimming brain.
- (a.) Suffused with moisture; as, swimming eyes.
• Swimmingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In an easy, gliding manner, as if swimming; smoothly; successfully; prosperously.
• Swimmingness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Act or state of swimming; suffusion.