• Switch Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A device for shifting an electric current to another circuit, or for making and breaking a circuit.
- (v. t.) To swing or whisk; as, to switch a cane.
- (n.) A mechanical device for shifting an electric current to another circuit.
- (n.) A movable part of a rail; or of opposite rails, for transferring cars from one track to another.
- (v. i.) To walk with a jerk.
- (n.) A small, flexible twig or rod.
- (v. t.) To strike with a switch or small flexible rod; to whip.
- (v. t.) To trim, as, a hedge.
- (n.) A separate mass or trees of hair, or of some substance (at jute) made to resemble hair, worn on the head by women.
- (v. t.) To turn from one railway track to another; to transfer by a switch; -- generally with off, from, etc.; as, to switch off a train; to switch a car from one track to another.
- (v. t.) To shift to another circuit.
• Switchman Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who tends a switch on a railway.
• Switchy Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Whisking.