Apply Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ApplyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To make request; to have recourse with a view to gain something; to make application. (to); to solicit; as, to apply to a friend for information.
- (v. t.) To visit.
- (v. t.) To put to use; to use or employ for a particular purpose, or in a particular case; to appropriate; to devote; as, to apply money to the payment of a debt.
- (v. t.) To fix closely; to engage and employ diligently, or with attention; to attach; to incline.
- (v. i.) To ply; to move.
- (v. t.) To lay or place; to put or adjust (one thing to another); -- with to; as, to apply the hand to the breast; to apply medicaments to a diseased part of the body.
- (v. t.) To make use of, declare, or pronounce, as suitable, fitting, or relative; as, to apply the testimony to the case; to apply an epithet to a person.
- (v. t.) To busy; to keep at work; to ply.
- (v. t.) To betake; to address; to refer; -- used reflexively.
- (v. i.) To apply or address ones self; to give application; to attend closely (to).
- (v. i.) To suit; to agree; to have some connection, agreement, or analogy; as, this argument applies well to the case.
- (v. t.) To direct or address.
• ApplyingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Apply