Bang Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BangDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To cut squarely across, as the tail of a hors, or the forelock of human beings; to cut (the hair).
- (n.) The short, front hair combed down over the forehead, esp. when cut squarely across; a false front of hair similarly worn.
- (n.) A blow as with a club; a heavy blow.
- (n.) The sound produced by a sudden concussion.
- (n.) Alt. of Bangue
- (v. t.) To beat, as with a club or cudgel; to treat with violence; to handle roughly.
- (v. i.) To make a loud noise, as if with a blow or succession of blows; as, the window blind banged and waked me; he was banging on the piano.
- (v. t.) To beat or thump, or to cause ( something) to hit or strike against another object, in such a way as to make a loud noise; as, to bang a drum or a piano; to bang a door (against the doorpost or casing) in shutting it.
• BangedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bang
• BangingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Huge; great in size.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Bang