Beset Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BesetDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To occupy; to employ; to use up.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Beset
- (v. t.) To set or stud (anything) with ornaments or prominent objects.
- (v. t.) To set upon on all sides; to perplex; to harass; -- said of dangers, obstacles, etc.
- (v. t.) To hem in; to waylay; to surround; to besiege; to blockade.
• BesetmentDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of besetting, or the state of being beset; also, that which besets one, as a sin.