Bunt Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BuntDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To swell out; as, the sail bunts.
- (n.) A fungus (Ustilago foetida) which affects the ear of cereals, filling the grains with a fetid dust; -- also called pepperbrand.
- (v. t. & i.) To strike or push with the horns or head; to butt; as, the ram bunted the boy.
- (n.) The middle part, cavity, or belly of a sail; the part of a furled sail which is at the center of the yard.
- (n.) the act of bunting the ball.
- (n.) A push or shove; a butt;
- (v. t. & i.) To bat or tap (the ball) slowly within the infield by meeting it with the bat without swinging at it.
• BunterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A woman who picks up rags in the streets; hence, a low, vulgar woman.