Cementing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CementingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Cement
• CementDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Bond of union; that which unites firmly, as persons in friendship, or men in society.
- (n.) To unite firmly or closely.
- (n.) To unite or cause to adhere by means of a cement.
- (n.) The powder used in cementation. See Cementation, n., 2.
- (n.) Any substance used for making bodies adhere to each other, as mortar, glue, etc.
- (n.) A kind of calcined limestone, or a calcined mixture of clay and lime, for making mortar which will harden under water.
- (v. i.) To become cemented or firmly united; to cohere.
- (n.) The layer of bone investing the root and neck of a tooth; -- called also cementum.
- (n.) To overlay or coat with cement; as, to cement a cellar bottom.