Coaling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CoalingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Coal
• CoalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A thoroughly charred, and extinguished or still ignited, fragment from wood or other combustible substance; charcoal.
- (v. i.) To take in coal; as, the steamer coaled at Southampton.
- (v. t.) To mark or delineate with charcoal.
- (n.) A black, or brownish black, solid, combustible substance, dug from beds or veins in the earth to be used for fuel, and consisting, like charcoal, mainly of carbon, but more compact, and often affording, when heated, a large amount of volatile matter.
- (v. t.) To supply with coal; as, to coal a steamer.
- (v. t.) To burn to charcoal; to char.