Coating Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CoatingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Coat
- (n.) A coat or covering; a layer of any substance, as a cover or protection; as, the coating of a retort or vial.
- (n.) Cloth for coats; as, an assortment of coatings.
• CoatDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A petticoat.
- (v. t.) To cover with a coat or outer garment.
- (n.) An outer garment fitting the upper part of the body; especially, such a garment worn by men.
- (n.) The habit or vesture of an order of men, indicating the order or office; cloth.
- (n.) Same as Coat of arms. See below.
- (n.) A layer of any substance covering another; a cover; a tegument; as, the coats of the eye; the coats of an onion; a coat of tar or varnish.
- (n.) A coat card. See below.
- (n.) An external covering like a garment, as fur, skin, wool, husk, or bark; as, the horses coats were sleek.
- (v. t.) To cover with a layer of any substance; as, to coat a jar with tin foil; to coat a ceiling.