Defeated Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DefeatedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Defeat
• DefeatDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To undo; to disfigure; to destroy.
- (v. t.) To resist with success; as, to defeat an assault.
- (v. t.) To overcome or vanquish, as an army; to check, disperse, or ruin by victory; to overthrow.
- (v. t.) To render null and void, as a title; to frustrate, as hope; to deprive, as of an estate.
- (v.) An overthrow, as of an army in battle; loss of a battle; repulse suffered; discomfiture; -- opposed to victory.
- (v.) An undoing or annulling; destruction.
- (v.) Frustration by rendering null and void, or by prevention of success; as, the defeat of a plan or design.