Fable Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FableDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To feign; to invent; to devise, and speak of, as true or real; to tell of falsely.
- (n.) Any story told to excite wonder; common talk; the theme of talk.
- (n.) The plot, story, or connected series of events, forming the subject of an epic or dramatic poem.
- (n.) A Feigned story or tale, intended to instruct or amuse; a fictitious narration intended to enforce some useful truth or precept; an apologue. See the Note under Apologue.
- (n.) Fiction; untruth; falsehood.
- (v. i.) To compose fables; hence, to write or speak fiction ; to write or utter what is not true.
• FabledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Fable