Induce Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• InduceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To lead in; to introduce.
- (v. t.) To draw on; to overspread.
- (v. t.) To lead on; to influence; to prevail on; to incite; to move by persuasion or influence.
- (v. t.) To produce, or cause, by proximity without contact or transmission, as a particular electric or magnetic condition in a body, by the approach of another body in an opposite electric or magnetic state.
- (v. t.) To bring on; to effect; to cause; as, a fever induced by fatigue or exposure.
- (v. t.) To generalize or conclude as an inference from all the particulars; -- the opposite of deduce.
• Induced currentDefinition & Meaning in English
- () A current due to variation in the magnetic field surrounding its conductor.
• InducedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Induce