Overruled Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• OverruledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Overrule
• OverruleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To rule over; to govern or determine by superior authority.
- (v. i.) To be superior or supreme in rulling or controlling; as, God rules and overrules.
- (v. t.) To supersede, reject, annul, or rule against; as, the plea, or the decision, was overruled by the court.
- (v. t.) To rule or determine in a contrary way; to decide against; to abrogate or alter; as, God overrules the purposes of men; the chairman overruled the point of order.