Pattering Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PatteringDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Patter
• PatterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The language or oratory of a street peddler, conjurer, or the like, hence, glib talk; a voluble harangue; mere talk; chatter; also, specif., rapid speech, esp. as sometimes introduced in songs.
- (v. i.) To strike with a quick succession of slight, sharp sounds; as, pattering rain or hail; pattering feet.
- (v. i.) To mutter; to mumble; as, to patter with the lips.
- (n.) A quick succession of slight sounds; as, the patter of rain; the patter of little feet.
- (v. i.) To talk glibly; to chatter; to harangue.
- (v. t.) To spatter; to sprinkle.
- (n.) Glib and rapid speech; a voluble harangue.
- (v. i.) To mutter; as prayers.
- (n.) The cant of a class; patois; as, thievess patter; gypsies patter.