Poa Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PoaDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A genus of grasses, including a great number of species, as the kinds called meadow grass, Kentucky blue grass, June grass, and spear grass (which see).
• PoachDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To stab; to pierce; to spear, \as fish.
- (v. & n.) To cook, as eggs, by breaking them into boiling water; also, to cook with butter after breaking in a vessel.
- (v. i.) To become soft or muddy.
- (v. i.) To steal or pocket game, or to carry it away privately, as in a bag; to kill or destroy game contrary to law, especially by night; to hunt or fish unlawfully; as, to poach for rabbits or for salmon.
- (v. & n.) To rob of game; to pocket and convey away by stealth, as game; hence, to plunder.
- (v. t.) To force, drive, or plunge into anything.
- (v. t.) To make soft or muddy by trampling
- (v. t.) To begin and not complete.