Pretended Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PretendedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Pretend
- (a.) Making a false appearance; unreal; false; as, pretended friend.
• PretendDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To put in, or make, a claim, truly or falsely; to allege a title; to lay claim to, or strive after, something; -- usually with to.
- (v. t.) To hold before, or put forward, as a cloak or disguise for something else; to exhibit as a veil for something hidden.
- (v. i.) To hold out the appearance of being, possessing, or performing; to profess; to make believe; to feign; to sham; as, to pretend to be asleep.
- (v. t.) To intend; to design; to plot; to attempt.
- (v. t.) To hold out, or represent, falsely; to put forward, or offer, as true or real (something untrue or unreal); to show hypocritically, or for the purpose of deceiving; to simulate; to feign; as, to pretend friendship.
- (v. t.) To lay a claim to; to allege a title to; to claim.
- (v. t.) To hold before one; to extend.