Recluse Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RecluseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) A person who lives in seclusion from intercourse with the world, as a hermit or monk; specifically, one of a class of secluded devotees who live in single cells, usually attached to monasteries.
- (v. t.) To shut up; to seclude.
- (a.) The place where a recluse dwells.
- (a.) Shut up; sequestered; retired from the world or from public notice; solitary; living apart; as, a recluse monk or hermit; a recluse life.
• ReclusenessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Quality or state of being recluse.