Relative Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RelativeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having relation or reference; referring; respecting; standing in connection; pertaining; as, arguments not relative to the subject.
- (a.) Indicating or expressing relation; refering to an antecedent; as, a relative pronoun.
- (a.) Arising from relation; resulting from connection with, or reference to, something else; not absolute.
- (a.) Characterizing or pertaining to chords and keys, which, by reason of the identify of some of their tones, admit of a natural transition from one to the other.
- (n.) A relative pronoun; a word which relates to, or represents, another word or phrase, called its antecedent; as, the relatives "who", "which", "that".
- (n.) A person connected by blood or affinity; strictly, one allied by blood; a relation; a kinsman or kinswoman.
- (n.) One who, or that which, relates to, or is considered in its relation to, something else; a relative object or term; one of two object or term; one of two objects directly connected by any relation.
• RelativelyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a relative manner; in relation or respect to something else; not absolutely.