Rig Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RigDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The peculiar fitting in shape, number, and arrangement of sails and masts, by which different types of vessels are distinguished; as, schooner rig, ship rig, etc. See Illustration in Appendix.
- (v. t.) To furnish with apparatus or gear; to fit with tackling.
- (n.) A blast of wind.
- (n.) A ridge.
- (v. i.) To play the wanton; to act in an unbecoming manner; to play tricks.
- (n.) A sportive or unbecoming trick; a frolic.
- (n.) Dress; esp., odd or fanciful clothing.
- (v. t.) To make free with; hence, to steal; to pilfer.
- (n.) A romp; a wanton; one given to unbecoming conduct.
- (v. t.) To dress; to equip; to clothe, especially in an odd or fanciful manner; -- commonly followed by out.
• Rig-VedaDefinition & Meaning in English
- () See Veda.
• Riga firDefinition & Meaning in English
- () A species of pine (Pinus sylvestris), and its wood, which affords a valuable timber; -- called also Scotch pine, and red / yellow deal. It grows in all parts of Europe, in the Caucasus, and in Siberia.